This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Head of Construction Electrics
The Shaw Festival is seeking applications for a full time seasonal Head of Construction Electrics. The construction seasons runs between September and July.
This position is included in the jurisdiction of IATSE Local 461 as outlined in its collective agreement with the Shaw Festival.
• Develop, build and coordinate all technical aspects related to stage lighting practicals, automated scenery, electrical and electronic distribution, customized components, special effects and properties.
• Co-ordinates information with Technical Directors, Department Heads and creative teams to ensure the highest production standards.
• Maintain and operate all construction electrics facilities and equipment in accordance with safety standards and legal regulations.
• Responsible for meeting technical deadlines and budget expectations
while maintaining high production standards.
• Research and develop improved methods to support Shaw Festival production operations.
• Demonstrated operational knowledge of all theatre technical systems,
practice and protocols including, but not limited to, automated scenery and control systems, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, relay logic, schematics, shop tools and equipment.
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Proven time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Proficiency with computer software programs; AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
• A post secondary education in a technical theatre program or equivalent experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume prior to
April 9, 2010 to:
Shaw Festival Theatre
10 Queen’s Parade, Box 774
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0
While all responses are appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be contacted