This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Monitor and assist with all aspects of pre-production as it relates to electrics/sound/video
• Assist Lighting and Sound Designers with respective designs and requirements
• Supervision of lighting/sound/video installations when required
• Assist with build of practicals and special effects
• Operate lighting and/or sound control (live and pre-recorded)
• Documenting and tracking of all show-related configuration in cooperation with the designers
• Build and edit show sound playback when required including tape, mini disc, CD and SFX
• Oversee the Stanley Electrical department inventory, repair and maintenance
• Advise and assist with ongoing maintenance
• Assist with organization and purchasing of all consumables
• Advise and assist on theatre rentals when required Assist with occupational safety and health of workers
The following certifications are highly recommended;
• F.E. certificate OFA Level 1 certificate
• Pyrotechnic certificate
• Experience with Windows XP computer operating system and computer networking
• Operation and maintenance of motorized stage equipment control systems
• At least three years experience as a Head Electrician or Department Head for a professional company
• Experience in a fly house
The Head Electrician will be self motivated, possess good organizational and time management skills, plus have excellent communication skills and has the ability to remain calm in stressful situations. Must be flexible in outlook and approach to the position and be diplomatic in dealing with crews, cast, stage managers and all other staff.
Starting Date: On or around March 1st, 2010.
Salary: Not specified
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Arts Club Theatre Company
MAIL: 1585 Johnston Street, Vancouver BC V6H 3R9
FAX: 604 688-3273
(when e-mailing send only one attachment in Word or .PDF format)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications must be received by February 14, 2010
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
The Arts Club Theatre Company is currently accepting applications for the position of Full-time Head Electrician for the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage. The Head Electrician will work under the supervision of the Technical Director and will be responsible for implementing the lighting design.
The Head Electrician will also be required to act in the same capacity for the sound department for smaller shows. Specific skills will include, but not be limited to: proficient in programming and operation of computer lighting boards and all components of the lighting system; experienced in programming and running sound control for both live mix and pre-recorded sound (SFX).
The successful applicant must be able to read and understand Lighting Designer plots and associated paperwork as well as be able to work at different heights.