This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Duties will include, but not limited to;
- Be part of the running crew as required
- Document and track all show-related configurations
- Cooperate on working out schedules
- Give regular feedback on status of work as well as estimate assigned work.
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of facilities, tools and equipment.
- Advise and assist with ongoing stage & scenery maintenance
- Assist with organization and purchasing of all consumables
- Advise and assist on theatre rentals when required
- Assist with occupational safety and health of workers
Specific skills will include, but not be limited to;
- Broad knowledge in theatrical procedures, scenic construction, problem solving, tools and theatre products
- Proficient working knowledge of counter weighted fly systems and the set up, rigging and strike of scenery
- Experience with operation and maintenance of motorized stage equipment and scenery
- Able to supervise load in & load out crews
- Able to supervise running crew during technical rehearsals and run of show
- Able to read and understand designer blue prints
- At least 5 years experience as running crew in a ‘fly house’
- Able to work at heights / climb ladders
- Able to repeatedly lift, push or maneuver heavy loads, either alone or with assistance from others
The Stage Carpenter will be self motivated, possess good organizational and time management skills, plus have excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations. Must be flexible in outlook and approach to the position and be diplomatic in dealing with crews, cast, stage managers and all other staff.
Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
Salary: IATSE 118 / ACT collective agreement group #1
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes to;
1585 Johnston Street
The Arts Club Theatre is currently accepting applications for the position of Part-Time Regular Stage Carpenter for the Stanley Theatre. Hours of employment will be as required, depending on the specific demands of respective productions. The Stage Carpenter will work under the direct supervision of the Technical Directors and will supervise all load ins and load outs and be part of the running crew when required.