This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Position: Asset Manager
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President of the Rental Division, the incumbent of this position is responsible for the rental asset management (sound, lighting, video, rigging, stage and curtain equipment) in order to maximise profitability and efficiency through the division in order to carry out the projects sold by the rental team. This position’s incumbent will be accountable for the efficiency of the rental equipment management of the division.
• Maintain an optimal inventory management and use of the equipment fleet, while maintaining an operational cost that corresponds to the company’s standards and strategic objectives;
• Manage the equipment’s use and sub-leasing in order to maximise the rental performance;
• Implement solutions allowing the achievement of division’s strategic objectives related to the rental asset management.
Rental asset management
• Control the division’s overall inventory, and when necessary determine the most efficient use of the equipment according to sold projects; (transfers between divisions, sub-leasing, etc.)
• Work jointly with operations of different divisions in order to determine and optimise the equipment’s physical location in order to minimise the costs related to the subleasing and in-house transfers;
• Analyse the equipment’s availability conflicts and validate alternatives with the coordinators;
• Work jointly with the operations’ division in order to prevent and identify the extraordinary expenses (special maintenance and purchases vs subleasing);
• In cooperation with the Research & Technical Development Director, implement a useful life determination process of the items and identify the equipment to be removed from the inventory while proposing a removal plan;
• Participate to improvement or major maintenance projects enabling a more efficiency and safety at the operation’s level;
• Monitor and control equipment’s maintenance costs related to the team’s operations and budget;
• Establish a list, promote and nurish business relations with current partners and subleasing potentials;
• Supervise the subleasing requests executed by the in-house participants;
• In cooperation with different participants, negotiate agreements with external partners;
• Act as a contact person for the inventory management (R2) for all Solotech’s branches;
• Examine and approve significant inventory adjustments;
• Supervise the inventory management teams (R2);
• College degree in operation's management or within a similar program such as (electrical or audiovisual engineering technology) or any other training or pertinent working experience;
• Possess 5 to 8 years experience in the entertaining industry;
• Very strong knowledge of the rental industry within the show, entertainment and corporate areas;
• Master MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
• Fluently bilingual, both orally and in writing.
• Experience within an environment of continuous improvement;
• Great ability in communication, communicate information clearly and logically;
• Excellent capacity for analysis, planning and organisation;
• Capacity to work under pressure and respect expected timelines;
• Solid relationship and interpersonal relationship skills;
• Sense of organisation and planning;
• Demonstrated customer service skills (internal and external);
• Great capacity to anticipate issues and find efficient solutions while respecting the company’s operational policies and processes.
Choose Solotech, and
Work for a North-American leader in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment;
Work in a dynamic working atmosphere with a cooperative approach;
Work for an employer of choice and a talent developer.
Should your profile correspond to these requirements, and you wish to join the SOLOTECH’s great team, please send your CV to DRH@solotech.com mentioning the position’s title in the subject.
SOLOTECH applies principles of employment equity.
Salary: To be discussed
Solotech Inc - Montreal
5200 Hochelaga Street
Solotech Inc - Toronto
324 Horner Avenue, Unit A