CANCELLED - Dataton Academy WATCHOUT Training 2020
9:00 AM Mar 24 - 5:00 PM Mar 25, 2020
Presented by Show Sage and CITT/ICTS
- Dates: Tuesday March 24, 2020 & Wednesday March 25, 2020
- Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Room 521a on the 5th floor, Palais des congrès de Montréal - Place d'Armes metro station (click here for directions)
- Limited to 12 participants: Attendees must bring their own laptop, Windows 7 or 10, with access to a network connection port (or adapter) and 3 USB slots. Alternatively you can use a Mac with Boot Camp already installed and running Windows 7 or 10. (DO NOT USE Parallels) Admin Access will be required for network / firewall changes, in class, please contact your IT department ahead of time, if bringing a work laptop.
- Credits: 3.5 ETCP Renewal Credits. The training class is also eligible for AVIXA RU credits, and will give 7.0 for CTS, CTS-D and CTS-I.
- Registration fee (before taxes)
- CITT/ICTS Members: 125$ very special rate for CITT/ICTS members only*
- EXPO-SCÈNE attendee: 250$ proof of registration required
- Non-member & Non-Attendee: 425$
* This course is valued at $800 USD (over $1100 CAD). Join CITT/ICTS as a member and take advantage of a 85% discount!
Dataton Academy is a comprehensive two-day class that covers the latest WATCHOUT developments and tools for creating spectacular multi-display shows. Dataton Academy is appropriate for beginners, as well as experienced users interested in enhancing their WATCHOUT skills and proficiency. WATCHOUT training covers basic and advanced topics and is designed to give attendees a clear understanding of WATCHOUT – its strengths, key features, applications, and possibilities. In this hands-on interactive class, you will be able to hone previous skills while learning new ones, workflow solutions, and common trouble shooting practices.
Target audience: AV Installers and Specialists, Production Designers, System Integrators, Scenic Designers, Event Producers, Video Content Developers, WATCHOUT Show Programmers and Operators
Instructor: Ian D. Johnson, Certified Trainer
Ian grew up in the Chicago Theater scene as a carpenter. After graduating from North Central College in 2011, he began to work with WATCHOUT and projection systems in general. He has been a WATCHOUT Super User for the past eight years and has been teaching WATCHOUT for three. When he is not working with WATCHOUT, Ian enjoys motorcycling, board and video gaming, and comics.
Cancellation Policy: No refund unless if the event is cancelled by CITT/ICTS, in which case, a full refund will be issued.