This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
- Main contact person with the school administration on day of show
- Ensure we have acquired payment from each school on day of show
- Safely driving set, equipment and cast to and from each school
- Oversee Safe load in and set up of set and sound in school gym
- Providing excellent sound quality for presentation
- Safe load out of set and sound equipment (with assistance from actors)
- Ensure all relevant safety protocols and procedures are followed
• SOUND MIXING: Expertise running sound for concerts and/or theatre productions. This means that you know all aspects of running a digital PA system, mixer and wireless microphone gear and that you understand how to get the best sound in a musical presentation. Bonus if you have specific experience with the Behringer X32 mixer.
• DRIVING: Safe driving record and the ability to drive a cube van
• Excellent promptness, interpersonal skills and work attitude
• Willingness and ability to arrive for early morning calls in Thornhill and elsewhere as needed
• PHYSICAL: Good physical strength and stamina for load-ins and set-ups
• PERSONAL: Excellent leadership and communications skills, professional attitude and ap-pearance, strong team player. All candidates must pass a Vulnerable Sector Check (ie that you have a clean police record in order to work around children).
– BONUS: Knowledge and experience with theatrical or small concert lighting design, DMX, and computer programs such as QLab and Keynote
October 2017 to June 2018. Almost completely weekday, daytime work.
Salary: $100-$150 per day
Director of Operations
Education Arts Canada
Education Arts Canada is a not-for-profit organization and is one of Canada's leading presenters of educational musical theatre tours. We are based in the Toronto area but our productions currently tour throughout Ontario and into Montreal.