This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Other
Reporting directly to the Marketing and Sales Manager and the Development Manager, the Intern will assist with the execution of Gateway’s subscription and Academy registration campaigns, and the planning of our single ticket campaign. The Intern will research individual, in-kind, and corporate partners for Gateway Theatre and learn how to create fundraising campaigns for individual donors and corporate sponsorships.
Marketing and Development Intern duties may include:
- Researching and writing copy for proposals, letters to
donors, and membership newsletters
- Assisting in organizing corporate sponsorship events and
various Board fundraising activities
- Work with designers to help create fundraising collateral
- Audience segmentation and Cultural industries market
- Distribution of marketing collateral throughout the Lower
- Other duties as required by supervisor
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Superior detail orientation and organizational skills
- Sales or customer service experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Post-secondary training in Marketing or Communications,
Arts Administration, Fundraising and Non-Profit Management,
Business and/or the cultural industries
- Prior volunteer or work experience in fundraising
- Prior volunteer or work experience in a not-for-profit
- Event planning and/or community outreach experience
- Familiarity with Theatre Manager or other database software
- Knowledge of a second language, ideally, Cantonese or
This position is funded through the Summer Works program. The successful applicant must:
- be legally entitled to work in Canada
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee
status in Canada
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of
- be a full-time student with the intention of returning to
full-time studies in the fall
- be willing to commit to the full duration of the work
assignment for a period of 16 weeks
- not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week)
- not be attending full-time classes while carrying out this
Hours of work: 35 hrs/week. Office hours are 9am – 5pm (with one hour unpaid lunch break).
The hours will vary – some evening and weekend work may be required.
Deadline: April 7, 2017.
The position is subject to funding.
Please advise us if you need accessibility accommodated (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting space) to participate in this process: or 604-270-6500.
No faxes or phone calls please.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume to:
Gateway Theatre’s mission is to enrich the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding professional theatre and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts. Incorporated in 1982, Gateway has grown into one of the largest professional theatre companies in the Lower Mainland and is lead today by Artistic Director Jovanni Sy. We serve the community through professional live theatre productions, theatre education for youth, and community venue rentals.