This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Other
• Collect and organize relevant venue information such as
schedules, contacts, film information
• Liaise with the appropriate external and internal
stakeholders re: stage parties, talent movement, security,
seating requests, assisting with red carpet/photo call
coordination and media inquiries
• Ensure established documenting procedures are completed for
every screening at designated venue
• Conduct venue tours upon request
• Facilitate the connection between TIFF staff and relevant
• Foster and maintain good collaboration with internal teams,
film stakeholders and designated venue
• Serve as the back-up support for screening Introductions and
Question and Answer periods
• Provide consistent/accurate reporting to internal and
external TIFF departments when required
• Provide post screening reports and detailed post mortem
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Excellent planning, organizational, and problem solving
skills with a keen eye for detail
• Experience in theatre, festival or large scale event
• Experience with Front of House operations and talent
management considered an asset
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Mature personal judgment with high level of professionalism
• Ability for discretion and handling confidential information
• Precise memory for names, positions, companies and
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high-
• Experience in Microsoft Office, Google, web-based file
sharing and relational databases
• Knowledge of Canadian and international cinema and film
industries considered an asset
• Experience speaking in front of large groups and interacting
with audiences considered an asset
• Understanding and commitment to superior client servicing
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including early
mornings, evenings and weekends
August 18, 2017 to September 19, 2017
**Note: must be available for Festival training on weekend of Aug 19th and 20th
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone
numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by
5pm on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 28, 2017.
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities and will work with applicants to meet their needs. TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world, through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the position of:
FESTIVAL VENUE LIAISON